Grapes and Raisins NOT on the menu
Chocolate is off limits for dogs, anything else?
Yes, Grapes & Raisins
Grapes are a bit of a mystery with dogs; some dogs can eat grapes without any adverse effects, while others could suffer kidney failure and even death. Also, some dogs could eat grapes once and suffer no consequences and then get very ill the next time they eat them.
Best to just leave grapes and raisins off the diet to be safe. If your dog does have a toxic reaction to eating grapes, symptoms will usually show up within 12 hours of ingestion, and include vomiting, diarrhea and lethargy. If kidney failure starts to occur, dogs will stop eating and drink excessively with a need to urinate often. While some dogs will die from kidney failure, those who survive might have chronic kidney disease indefinitely.
Do not let your dog eat grapes or raisins!